BodySpec provides affordable access to advanced medical technology for professional athletes, corporations, and health-conscious individuals who want to achieve peak physical fitness or prevent diseases and conditions such as obesity, bone disease, and heart disease.
Currently, we provide high-end fitness assessments in Los Angeles, Orange County, and the San Francisco Bay Area. We operate out of mobile vehicles in both Northern and Southern California, as well as a physical storefront in West Los Angeles. We are a fast-growing company with a dynamic event calendar, so flexibility in work schedule is a must.
The Wellness Consultant will start as a part-time hourly position. The position will be primarily responsible for providing in-person reviews of client body composition tests from a DXA scanner, tailored to the client's personal health and fitness goals. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others improve their health and fitness, and will have a strong background in a customer-facing fitness and nutrition role, such as personal training. He or she would also be both motivated and motivational, as well as detail-oriented, personable, and adept at relationship building and management.
This individual will be reporting directly to the company's founding partners. Body composition scans and reviews will take place at BodySpec's various scanning locations.
- Provide direct review of results from BodySpec's body composition analysis system to individual clients. Deliver insightful nutrition and fitness advice tailored to each customer's individual results, demographic, and goals. Answer client questions about nutrition, health, fitness, and the DXA technology.
- Serve as the client's first point of interaction with the BodySpec service. Manage the execution of each scan date, including greeting, client signup, scheduling, and payment. Assist in resolving customer service-related issues as they arise. Execute and improve upon operating procedures for excellent service delivery and a great customer experience.
- Help create additional opportunities to generate new business to fuel BodySpec's growth in California. Engage and establish close professional relationships with owners and general managers at customer locations, including gyms and corporations.
- One or more certifications in CPT, CSCS, CF Level 1, CCN, and/or RD preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience or background in a client-facing nutrition or fitness role required.
- Exceptional ability to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities. Individual must have positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills and strong writing skills.
- A self-starter with demonstrated problem solving and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work in a high-energy team environment; team player.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- 4-year college degree highly preferred.
- Experience driving large vehicles preferred. No CDL required.
- Full-Time and Part-Time in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
- Part-Time in Los Angeles, CA.
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Wellness Consultant". Please specify which geographical region you are interested in.
Copyright 2013-2017 Absolute Health & Performance LLC dba BodySpec. All rights reserved.